Site: Center for Games and Learning: text from the site
The Center for Games & Learning at MNU’s Mabee Library sponsors game design and game research for use in educational settings.
Effective learning for 21st century leadership demands expertise in skills such as communication, collaboration, problem solving, flexibility, creativity, and innovation. Tabletop games can function as powerful learning engines, requiring players to practice these 21st century skills.
As educators learn how to use—and even design—games as learning systems, they engage learners with cultural relevance. To this end, the Center for Games & Learning at MNU:
- Curates an extensive game collection
- Disseminates cutting-edge research on games and learning
- Help educators adapt games for educational purposes
- Seeks renewal within P-12, homeschool, and post-secondary classrooms
- Trains librarians seeking to support their communities through gameplay
While you are here, please explore our up-to-date interactive games collection list.
We believe that today’s learners want to explore new ideas socially and playfully. And if you agree, then please let us know! We are always looking for conversation partners who share our interest in game design for learning. When time allows, please come by the MNU Mabee Library in person to check out our game collection, to meet up with other educators or game designers, or just to try out a new game with friends!