Software that can be used in a classroom environment to increase student engagement and interaction.
Audience Response Software (ARS)
- Kahoot: A game-based classroom response system for schools, universities and business
- Plickers: simple tool that lets teachers collect real-time formative assessment data without the need for student devices
- Poll Everywhere: Get instant audience feedback using mobile phones, Twitter or browsers in real time.
Using a Video as your Lesson
- EDpuzzle: Access video from variety of sources (YouTube, Khan Academy, Vimeo etc) and manipulate length, edit audio (ex: your own voice over), and embed questions. Get Data: Track responses and users. Good for flipped classroom.
Engaging Students on Mobile Devices
- Nearpod: Create presentations and download ready to use lessons. Students engage on their own mobile devices while instructor can control output and track learning & devices.
Presentation – its not all PowerPoint anymore
- Emaze: an online presentation platform built on html5 technology. Users can create, manage and share their presentations through their cloud-based SaaS system. emaze offers a variety of templates including formats using 3D animations and video backgrounds. (This definition taken from Wikipedia article about emaze.)