- Farber, Matthew. Gamify Your Classroom: A Field Guide to Game Based Learning. New York: Peter Lang, 2014. Print.
- Kapp Karl. The Gamification of Learning and Instruction: Game-based Methods and Strategies for Training and Education. San Francisco, CA: Pfeiffer, 2012. Print.
- Lee, Sheldon. The Multiplayer Classroom: Designing Coursework as a Game. Boston: Course Technology, 2012. Print
- Selinker, Mike. The Kobold Guide to Board Game Design. Kirkland, WA: Open Design, 2011. Print.
- Walz, Steffen P. The Gameful World: Approaches, Issues, Applications. Cambridge: MIT Press, 2014. Print.
- Woods, Stewart. Eurogames: The design, culture and play of modern European board games. London: McFarland & Company, 2012. Print.
ARTICLES & REPORTS
- 2011 Horizon Report: Game Based Learning in 2-3 years
- How Social Gaming is improving education
- Teaching Tools: Using online simulations and games (from Edutopia)
- Gaming as Teaching Tool
- The Future According to Video Games
- Hearts of Iron II is still fun, but now is educational, as it’s being used to teach college students about WW2
- Escape from Planet Jar-Gon: or what video games have to teach academics about teaching and writing